Monday, January 31, 2011

Growing Up

I just found out the guy I have had a crush on for about a year and a half broke up with his girlfriend. Before this particular crush, I would've thought "sweet, maybe I get another chance" but this time is drastically different. Knowing the circumstances of the breakup, I don't feel good about it and I honestly feel horrible for him even though he was the Heartbreaker rather than the Heartbroken. People keep commenting on his profile to go get her back and I agree, but I haven't got the guts to tell him that. And even though I still have some feelings for him, I can't simply relish in the fact that he is so obviously torn apart about this.

He has the means to get to this blog if he so desires, so I will now leave a simple message for him: You dumbass. You are such a sweet, caring and funny guy. She was just as lucky to have you as you were to have her. Maybe you think you don't deserve her, but why on earth wouldn't you deserve to be happy? Run back to her while she still loves you and apologize profusely. You do deserve her and you deserve happiness! Don't EVER forget how much of an amazing person you are!

In my new revelation, I realize I have grown up a bit. I no longer need to be that person who selfishly considers someone's breakup a personal gain. I genuinely feel like he deserves this other person. He is hurting and I can't, even for a second, enjoy that. I hope he finds happiness in the end. And that is love in my eyes; even if it remains only a love for a friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment